We offer a number of excellent employment opportunities for the right persons.
The Arc of Burlington County is an affiliate and one of more than 800 chapters nationwide of The Arc of the United States, the largest organization of its kind in the country. Since 1949, we have been serving the needs of children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities throughout Burlington County.
* * * * *
- We are looking for staff to work with and provide services to individuals in Burlington and Gloucester Counties in our Community Based Supports Program who either live at home with a family member or on their own in the community. We provide supports in daily living skills, home maintenance, hygiene, and bill paying, as well as providing transportation for shopping, medical appointments and recreation. The rate of pay is $12.00 per hour.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and resume to Joanna Nevadomski or Sara Anderson at The Arc of Burlington County or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org at The Arc of Burlington County. EOE
* * * * *
GROUP HOME MANAGER
This is a key position for an individual interested in advancing his or her career within the agency. The successful candidate will have some prior supervisory experience, be a team player, and have good social, verbal and written communication skills.
- The Group Home Manager works a 40 hour week and supervises an “around the clock” residential program that provides in-home supports for adult men and women with developmental disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, autism and mental retardation. The Manager must be flexible and able to work both day and evening hours as needed, enabling him/her to monitor and provide ongoing training to staff on all shifts and sometimes on weekends. Additional duties include staff scheduling, effective delegation of responsibilities among the house staff, monitoring client medical appointments, and preparing written reports, to name just a few. The successful Manager is able to problem solve, think on his/her feet, and stay one step ahead in an ever-changing environment. This position interfaces regularly with other support staff, such as the agency nurse, administrative directors, and various outside consultants.
In return for your skills, The Arc of Burlington offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry. The starting salary for this position is $28,000, and performance bonuses after six and twelve months can bring this to $30,000 in the first year. The Arc of Burlington County offers comprehensive medical and dental coverage, two weeks paid vacation the first year, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and much more. EOE
* * * * *
RESIDENTIAL DIRECTOR/ ASSISTANT RESIDENTIAL DIRECTOR
- Full time (40 hour/week) position working with people with developmental disabilities who live within community homes and apartments. The director is responsible for overall management of all residents and staff within the group home, staff development and implementation of programming related to the welfare of the residents, safeguarding and protecting individuals’ rights, personal funds and belongings, and conducting ongoing resident and staff training.
- Qualifications: High school education and 1 (one) year’s experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. For the safety and well-being of the individuals we serve, the candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds, run, walk up and down a flight of stairs, and be capable of passing all in-service training including CPR and First Aid administration. Must also possess a valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Salary Range: is $26,476 – $30,000 with excellent benefits. EOE
* * * * *
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
- In addition to the Group Home Manager position, we also have several openings for Direct Service Professional (DSP). This position involves working closely with adults with developmental disabilities in residential settings, day programs, workshops and various supported employment locations. The DSP is a teacher, mentor, friend and advocate. The DSP assists with meal preparations, personal care, recreation, shopping, and other daily living skills. To qualify for this position you must have a high school education (GED acceptable). In addition, you must have the ability to communicate with individuals with developmental disabilities and have a valid, insurable driver’s license and clean driving record. For the safety and well being of the individuals we serve, applicants must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, run, walk up and down a flight of stairs and be capable of passing all in-service training, including CPR and First Aid Administration. The DSP position starts at $11.00 per hour, and full time positions offer the same benefit package as listed above. EOE
* * * * *
If you are interested in working with individuals who are developmentally disabled and you think you’re the person for any of these positions, we want to talk to you. Mail, fax or email your resume and cover letter today:
The Arc of Burlington County
115 East Broad Street
Burlington, NJ 08016
Please check back in the future for more opportunities to work with children and adults with special needs.