Helping Improve the Quality of Life for Adults
See how we can help you today!
We offer a number of excellent employment opportunities for the right persons.
The Arc of Burlington County is an affiliate and one of more than 800 chapters nationwide of The Arc of the United States, the largest organization of its kind in the country. Since 1949, we have been serving the needs of children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities throughout Burlington County.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
We are looking for Direct Service Professionals (DSPs) in our Adult Day Programs for the 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. shifts, Monday through Friday. As of January 1, 2024, starting salary is $19/hr. plus benefits for full and part time DSPs and $18/hr. for subs. This is a rewarding and fulfilling position working with individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities. Send resumes to email@example.com, fax to 609-386-2244, or mail to The Arc of Burlington County, HR Department, 115 E. Broad Street, Burlington, NJ 08016. EOE
We’re presently in need of Direct Service Professionals (DSPs) for our Residential Programs. The DSP assists with meal preparations, personal care, recreation, shopping, and other daily living skills. Applicants must have a valid, insurable driver’s license and clean driving record. As of January 1, 2024, starting salary is $19/hr. plus benefits for full and part time DSPs and $18/hr. for subs. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 609-386-2244, or mail to The Arc of Burlington County, HR Department, 115 E. Broad Street, Burlington, NJ 08016. EOE
Did you know that The Arc of Burlington County hires family members? Get paid to work directly with your family member providing respite, community-based supports, and individual supports. In turn, you’ll receive paid training and benefits.
INTERESTED? Contact Saraa@arcofburlington.org.
COMMUNITY BASED CAREGIVER
We are looking for part time and full-time support staff to work providing services to individuals in Burlington County in our Home and Community Supports program. Individuals we support either live at home with a family member or on their own in the community. We provide supports in daily living skills, cooking, home maintenance, hygiene, bathing, feeding and bill paying, as well as providing transportation for shopping, medical appointments and recreation. As of January 1, 2024, starting salary is $19/hr. plus benefits for full and part time DSPs and $18/hr. for subs. Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and resume to Renae Maffetone or Sara Anderson at The Arc of Burlington County, 115 E. Broad Street, Burlington, NJ 08016 or by email to email@example.com or Saraa@arcofburlington.org.
GROUP HOME MANAGER
This is a key position for an individual interested in advancing his or her career within the agency. The successful candidate will have some prior supervisory experience, be a team player, and have good social, verbal and written communication skills.
- The Group Home Manager works a 40-hour week and supervises an “around the clock” residential program that provides in-home supports for adult men and women with developmental disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, autism and intellectual disability. The manager must be flexible and able to work both day and evening hours as needed, enabling him/her to monitor and provide ongoing training to staff on all shifts and sometimes on weekends. Additional duties include staff scheduling, effective delegation of responsibilities among the house staff, monitoring client medical appointments, and preparing written reports, to name just a few. The successful manager is able to problem solve, think on his/her feet, and stay one step ahead in an ever-changing environment. This position interfaces regularly with other support staff, such as the agency nurse, administrative directors, and various outside consultants.
- Full time (40 hour/week) position working with people with developmental disabilities who live within community homes and apartments. The Group Home Manager is responsible for overall management of all residents and staff within the group home, staff development and implementation of programming related to the welfare of the residents, safeguarding and protecting individuals’ rights, personal funds and belongings, and conducting ongoing resident and staff training.
- Qualifications: High school education and 1 (one) year’s experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. For the safety and well-being of the individuals we serve, the candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds, run, walk up and down a flight of stairs, and be capable of passing all in-service training including CPR and First Aid administration. Must also possess a valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Stating Salary: $49, 920.00 with excellent benefits. EOE
In return for your skills, The Arc of Burlington offers comprehensive medical and dental coverage, two weeks paid vacation the first year, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and much more. EOE
If you think you’re the person for any of these positions, we want to talk to you. Mail, fax or email your resume and cover letter today.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF OUR APPLICATION FORM.
- The Arc of Burlington County HR Department 115 East Broad Street Burlington, NJ 08016
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check back in the future for more opportunities to work with adults with special needs.
Do you need assistance with medical appointments, shopping, banking and accessing community resources? We can provide trained and caring staff to work with you or your loved one in your home or in the community.
Do you need a full-time day program that offers a variety of activities to develop communication and self-help skills, community awareness, socialization, employment basics, and transportation?
Special Events include our annual Walkathon/Family Fun Day and Golf Classics, both of which are fund raising events for The Arc. Our Recreation Program offers activities that includes monthly dances, dinner outings, day trips, picnics, and more.